Rear subframe brace options

DeLaSoul

Yeah that looks like it has been much more work than benefit! But you're there now...

It will allow me to use DC2 ARB's and a lot more adjustment as the ARB itself can be lowered and raised to match the ride height of the chassis to keep the arms straight.  With the LCA's on the car already I have multiple pickup points to allow a subtle stiffening/softening of the ARB and I will get some adjustable drop links. Finally, linking the ARB to the rear suspension instead of the Rover L brackets ties everything in properly so for what I am doing I think it will be worth it, but for normal road use I think this is way too much effort.  I am also a little bit crazy to do all this in the first place but life would be boring otherwise!!! 

rlol.gif1

• Like 1

Crazy is what gets us through the day, carry on! :lol:

But yeah for the rest of us mortals it would be far too much, but as you said, on the track it should be epic! 

• Like 1

Ha ha why's that? ;)

I wouldn't take the risk of machining, grinding, welding someone else's car parts!!!  Plus it makes mine pretty unique to have what maybe the only Aerodeck with a F7 lower brace ;)

I wouldn't take the risk of machining, grinding, welding someone else's car parts!!!  Plus it makes mine pretty unique to have what maybe the only Aerodeck with a F7 lower brace ;)

Yes, keep it unique and tell everyone else to bugger off, like it! :lol:

ha ha ye man!! i would do it but being bothered and getting into the tool room :(

I asked our workshop nicely, and when that failed I bribed them with Krispy Creme doughnuts!  I haven't been on the machine tools properly since 1999 and there were a few things I forgot when I was going through it with them.  Cutting my own car was hardest bit, but I've got a friend coming around to weld in plates over the holes at some point next week (more doughnuts required!)