'Glen the Deck' - Baikal green VTI MC2

BiMU

Sh1t, forgot to look for that one I said I would, it looks the right kind of shape though! 

Cheers man! Definitely need one at some point but I've already spent my quota for two months:

20150213_080959_zps0bcfd568.jpg

Some UniRoyal Rainsport 3's 195/50/15's from CamSkill very good price at £144 including next day delivery.

20150214_115229_zps27829077.jpg

Then picked up the MGZS shocks for £65. No leaks and all the part numbers are correct.

Hopefully can get the tyres and tracking done tomorrow - friend is going to try and sort it out. Then put the shocks on when it gets slightly warmer, means I can also test out properly and feel the difference between each mod. After that need to source that elusive MGZS rear ARB and then it should handle much better.

This totally is a budget build for me and passing up random bargains have been very difficult.

@UnicyclingTom - did you do the front shock mod? I've read that the standard MGZS front suspension rides a bit higher. I'm wondering if it's an easy job.

I managed to get the UniRoyal tyres on and the tracking done. So much better as it doesn't squiggle all over the place - now it's straight as an arrow. The tracking did flag an issue with the rear drivers side camber - this could be due to a worn trailing arm bush or bent camber arm so will need to look into this in the future.

IMG-20150215-WA0003_zps68fdba3c.jpg

• 2 months later...

So it's been a while and I've basically been just driving the car and using it for to commute to work and going to car video related events and shoots. It's been great and very dependable but can be thirsty on the motorway. The space is awesome and having a DOHC VTEC has been a pleasure but as I will be now doing more motorway driving I'll now be looking for a diesel :( so unfortunately the Aerodeck may have to go.

As a forum I'd like to ask what would be a realistic sale price for the Aerodeck. Spec as follows:

• 70,000 miles on the clock BUT as mentioned before it has had an engine swap. Still pulls as it should and no smoking.
  • Cambelt, water pump and coolant change FEB 2015
  • New tyres all round and tracking FEB 2015
  • Replaced interior (still have carpet to go in)

Overall a solid Aerodeck to either put back to glory by fixing the below

• Few marks and dents as to be expected, slight bubble of rust under the paint on the drivers side front wing
  • Both front foglight lenses are cracked but still work (have acrylic sheet to cut and put in place)
  • AC not installed but have an AC pump waiting to be installed if needed
  • Handbrake light and ABS light still on - haven't got around to looking at it but still stops well!

I'd love to keep but saving for a wedding and trying to keep costs down. Price wise I know that the replacement engine will put people off straight away but it is still a bloody good engine regardless, with all the above in mind and everything I've spent it owes me over £1600 easily but in my head, to sell, I think that £1200 would be a decent starting price?

What do you all think? (please be kind but honest) Thanks!

aerodeck_for_sale_zpsndtqsuhp.jpg

Think I'd have to echo what Grant said.

Under the new rules if you want you can advertise it in the classifieds on here? (Tab at the top) There's a small fee though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. @Grant thought as much - you never get what you put in.

@Krzys apologies didn't mean for it to look like an ad. I'll have a look at advertising in the classified section now.

• Like 1