Opie Oils & Ebay

burbleboy

I know they are a site sponsor but........

Millers CFS Motorsport 10 40 fully synthetic oil;

Opie Oils Ebay Account ...........£45.98 delivered

Opie Oils own Website..............£49.98 delivered (with civic5 discount)

Just saying :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have found same thing with some other sites.

Autobrite lance from autobrite 49.99

Autobrite lance from amazon which is direct from autobrite 34.99

Weird though!

Seems the civic5 discount is rather pointless IMO.

Weird though!

Seems the civic5 discount is rather pointless IMO.

That's a pretty harsh brush you're tarnishing with dude. It's down to the traders what they charge to start with. But I suspect in any circumstance you'll always find a product cheaper elsewhere. It's nice we have traders offering us discount at all but you don't have to use them. Could always tell @Dave to not bother asking traders to be a part of the forum...

It's up to our traders what prices they charge, although they do always give a discount to our members. It may be part of an ongoing offer or sale, or some other promotion, in which case our discount wouldn't apply. I'll give them a wee PM to see if they can shed any light on it chaps.

As Krzys, it's good to have these traders as part of the club, as they normally can save us a few quid. Sky insurance saved me a lot last year insuring DD. I saved money on the oil for the TypeR last month from Opie (was cheaper than the likes of Halfords etc), and our Honda dealerships who are part of the club save us money time and time again.

On buying direct from source, I have always found the manufacturer charges more! No idea why that is!! But I guess its like if you went to buy a jar of coffee, it would cost you more buying it from Nescafe than it would buying it from Asda or Tesco. It's due to bulk buying, these sellers buy it in bulk and at trade price, so they get it mega cheaper than the RRP. Sounds like the Manufacturers are doing themselves out of sales when people will go to superstores instead of the original company? Not so, they prefer to sell in bulk rather than 1 item to 1 customer, as it saves on shipping costs and means they get a larger income. Buying direct is often deliberately set higher because companies prefer not to deal with the public direct. It's all about business.

• Like 1

That's a pretty harsh brush you're tarnishing with dude. It's down to the traders what they charge to start with. But I suspect in any circumstance you'll always find a product cheaper elsewhere. It's nice we have traders offering us discount at all but you don't have to use them. Could always tell @Dave to not bother asking traders to be a part of the forum...

It would appear that my comment did imply all traders but I was I fact referring to the main thread story.

I was not having a go at all the traders. I was simply referring to Opie Oils having cheaper oil (without civic5 discount code) elsewhere. 

I saved money on my Meister R's with the club discount so I wasn't tarnishing all our sponsors. I felt that we were not getting a great deal with Opie Oils and was sharing my thoughts, as that's what a forum is for. We can't all go around agreeing with everything and nodding :)

• Like 1

It would appear that my comment did imply all traders but I was I fact referring to the main thread story.

I was not having a go at all the traders. I was simply referring to Opie Oils having cheaper oil (without civic5 discount code) elsewhere. 

I saved money on my Meister R's with the club discount so I wasn't tarnishing all our sponsors. I felt that we were not getting a great deal with Opie Oils and was sharing my thoughts, as that's what a forum is for. We can't all go around agreeing with everything and nodding :)

Absolutely mate, that's why we have opinions :)

I think the point Ali was making was that it was from the same place .. Just charging differing prices dependent on where you buy it from .. Not the "bulk buying" instances or offers like ..