My MB6 build

JK1245

Wheels and tyres arrived today, delivery man decided to scare the hell out of everyone at 7am banging on the door like it was the end of the world, haha. Went to fit them but found the spigot rings were a size too big, so rang Rim-Style and they promised they'll get the proper ones shipped out today which isn't too bad. Hopefully they come tomorrow so I can get them on. Only took one wheel off but it had no weights on it and the tyre was showing canvas so hopefully these will sort out the skitishness at motorway speeds. Might stop spinning when pulling off at normal speeds as well  :-D

Couple of pictures of the exhaust:

DSC_0001_1.jpg

DSC_0003_1.jpg

DSC_0004_1.jpg

• Like 5

looking good mate. . will be nice with the wheels on, are  the new ones any wider than standards?.

where you from if ya don't mind me asking, just wondering because theres a black one what looks the same as yours I keep seeing driving about

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments lads :) The wheels are 16x7.0" and the tyres are 205/45/16 so I do think they are a bit wider than the standard wheels. I'm from Manchester mate, so not sure if I'm that close to you.

• Like 1

ok must not be you im about an hour from Manchester. its exacly the same colour,red badge just like yours and black wheels. haha no worries man. looking good anyway mate, I like the wheels ive been looking at some xxr's but some are 8" and 8.5" just wonderd if how yours fit if thery where any wider  

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Got home from work and found the Spigot rings had arrived. Proceeded to fit 3 wheels but the last one proved to be a major bitch, especially in my tight garage. Driving it to a car-park tomorrow to fit and get some pictures.

Going to pick up a set of black DC2 Recaro fronts and rear bench next weekend. Hopefully, I can work something out with the rear seat covers so the interior matches. Need to find a set of black door cards to match the new seats. 

Also, arch gap is looking pretty big with the new wheels and I've read nothing but good stuff about coilys for the MB, so going to go and order some Meister Coilovers tomorrow and then I think its down to Ricky at Race Tech for one of those Basic B series turbo kits. What do people think about running a turbo on the stock brake system with a good set of disks/pads/lines? Should I be budgeting a big brake kit or will the MB6s be fine?

Pictures to follow tomorrow, cheers lads and ladies.

Wheels turning into a bit of a nightmare  cry.gif1 First they sent the wrong spigot ring size and now it turns out one of the wheels is 4x100 instead of 4x114 and conveniently the offending wheel does not have the Rota sticker on the inside so I'm thinking maybe someone has returned it and they've sent the wrong one. Rim-Style are sorting it for me but currently, with 3 wheels on the car it already feels so much better. Steering is no longer killing my arms because its that heavy and the tyres are gripping nicely.

Good progress mate!! 

Racetech's set up will be interesting to watch ! Have researched it myself .. Re brakes, think you'd be surprised at what a good disc, pad & line/fluid combo can achieve on our carriers/calipers .. 

• Like 1