My MB6 build

JK1245

Hello guys, been on here a while now and you've all helped me out so I think it's about time I made a build thread.

Initially I was looking at 1.4 MB sports because I'm 20 and thought I'd get shafted on Insurance but after ringing about, I managed to get fully comp for just over a grand on an MB6. Yay!

So started hunting for an MB6 and found one not too far and a for a decent price, so went down and a few days later I picked up a 1999 Pirates Black MB6 which is absolutely rust free and with one of the cleanest Engine bays I have ever seen on a 15 year old Honda. 

image.jpg

86_1.jpg

87_1.jpg

So the spec list when I bought it was:

A bunch of blown Sony X-plod components

An adjustable decat

A cat-back with a hiddeous 5 1/2" backbox which was held on with 1 hanger and rattled like mad

A bit of piping with an eBay filter on it

Powder-coated wheels with 4 miss-matched tyres

HID kit which I love, not too bright but not too bluish

Things I've done to it so far:

Rover wind deflectors

JVC headunit with a 1100W JBL 6 channel Amp, 1000W JBL sub, Alpine front door speakers and 6x9s. Luckily one of the previous owners had a good install so all the wiring was already there and the front door speaker holes were covered in sound proofing

DC2 gear knob

ToyoSports cat-back which is great for £150. Car sounds so much deeper than before and Vtec is much more pronounced because the exhaust doesn't drone everything else out  applause.gif1

Service inc Engine oil, filter, gearbox oil, fuel filter, plugs and leads, pollen filter

Energy Suspension Gear linkage bushings which has made changing gear so much better

Magnetic Sump plug

Had some Alluminium piping laying around so I stuck the original rubber pipe on and ran the ally piping down to where the resonator box sits as a home-made CAI. 

Loving the car at the minute, came from a 1.8l Accord which had around 135bhp when new but the one I had was s**te, so the MB6 is like a major step-up. The next few things I want to do is throw on some 16" Rota Slipstreams and some coilovers but the Meisters cost basically 3 1/4s of the car  :-D Going to be saving up money to hopefully boost it over summer/winter but I want it to be able to handle the power first. 

I'll put some current pictures of the car up tomorrow, but thanks for reading :)

• Like 2

My god just over 20 and you can ensure a MB6 its tough over here for anyone under 25 to ge insured in a ecoV-TEC never mind performance V-TEC lol \nice car cant wait to see what you do to it :)

• Like 1

Yeah it was on eBay a few weeks ago which is where I saw it. The exhaust was the most embarrassing thing I'd ever seen, managed to knock off a decent amount from the price because of it  :-D. The ToyoSports one is much more subtle but it's not nearly as loud in Vtec. No rattles though  applause.gif1

• Like 2

Update - Changed over the pollen filter today as the heaters were killing me with fumes. There was literally a forest of leaves and crud in the hole where the filter goes and the actual filter looked like it was the original haha. Much better now though.

My uncle has an FN2 and picked up the Gruppe M intake for it so he's giving me his K&N Apollo kit which I should be fitting tomorrow. Comes with a heat-shield/cover type thing which has cold air ducting attached onto it. Makes the K20 scream so hopefully it will do something about my lack of Vtec noise after fitting the smaller exhaust.

So because I managed to get the insurance for a great price I've decided to use the money to buy a couple of expensive items for the car and then call it day. So, as a result I ordered 4 16" Rota Slipstreams in black and 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 205/45/16 tyres. Should be here next week, well excited. 

• Like 3

I saw this on eBay also.. My friend was interested in buying it but the first thing I said to him was that exhaust looks horrible lol :D.. Glad you got that changed.. Looks nice.. Love Rota slipstreams.. They will completely change the look of the car.. Are they black with chrome lip? Waiting for updated pictures plus a video of the Toyo sports exhaust ;)

• Like 1