Does the 99-00 Vti have 98' spec DC2 LMAs?

JK1245

Hello everyone, I stumbled across this site when looking for some info and it claims the 99-00 Vti's have DC2 Lost Motion Assemblies. Anyone know if this is true or just speculation?

Here is the site in question: http://cars.homenetcs.co.uk/honda-civic-mb6/model-year-differences.htm

I've never heard of a "Lost motion assembly", anyone care to shed any light?

Stolen from H-tune -

Lost Motion Assembly is an advance spring device that is designed to put pre-load on the centre portion of the VTEC rocker when it is in the unlocked position (when VTEC mode is disabled). During extended operating conditions, the contaminants in the oil will more than likely cause the piston to seize resulting in the VTEC rocker rattling when VTEC is not engaging or when the vehicle is in idle.

• Like 1

Couldn't tell you mate, but the Teg LMA's are supposed to support higher lift cams because of the way they are designed, just thought it pretty interesting to see whether anyone knew about what they were on the C4 :)

From google:

"Question: Is the GSR LMA different (functionally) than the ITR LMA?
Answer: NO. Just different part numbers.
I just got finished do some testing on a spring tester.
Pressure: 56lbs ITR v. 54lbs GSR(slightly used but sold as new).
Lift Capacity: Exactly the same.
Pad Diameter: 7mm on both LMA nipples. 
The only difference: Blue painted dot on ITR LMA."

This is for GSR, but I think it should be the same for B18C4. IMHO they are both not very good. Skunk2 LMA's are better design  :)

l-923-149fbb29ee4fa491207584a0a491768ddc
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Having just been looking into this, I can confirm that the part numbers for B18c4 LMAs from lings are the same as the newer ones advertised on tegiwa etc... 14820-PCB-305. 

Seems that the teg GSR got them from around 1995/96, so puts it in the same period as our vti :geek:

• Like 1