Power Steering Rack Civic MB6

Viltor

Question

Good evening everyone,

I own a civic VTI in Portugal, and I noticed the power steering fluid were getting low. My mechanic told me my power steering rack is leaking and I need a new one, the problem is in Portugal a power steering rack is very expensive, its like 600€+. Anyone has an idea if I really need to change my power steering rack or there is something that I can do to fix it ? Wich models ate compatible to swap on my MB6 ? Thanks

Suppose that depends where the leak is from.

If it doea look as though you require a new rack. I would Maybe suggest buying from eBay from UK maybe and getting shipped to yourself In portugal.

All the ma/mb/mc racks fit. Integra type r and eg civic racks fit. Although it's likely the lines may be slightly different.

• Like 1

Hi KiNK43 thanks for help, anyway i was inspecting it, I cleaned it and I found that the leak is from the first red ring or both on the power steering rack.

steering.jpg

Would you think do I really need to buy a new one or there is something that I can do to fix it ? Thanks

Hi noodels,

I will try tomorrow to Tight the pipes up, but the mechanic guy said the pipes cant be thighten more, plus he didnt even try. the pipes seems to be ok. If I cant tight the pipes up should silicon fix the problem ?

Thanks

Silicone not gonna do a lot really. The line in has incredible pressure inside. And relies on compression of the joint to remain leak free. Try tighten it. Careful not to round nut. Otherwise new or good used line should do the job.

Hi guys. I have news, yesterday I washed my car, and I noticed that the leaks were from another place.

The real leak is where is the green circle steering.jpg

Is that reparable ? or do I need to buy a new rack ? Thanks