MGZS brake upgrade question

vtec2011

ha ha cheers @KiNK43 i dont know about the rear brakes, but just having the front ones have been fine for me.

i got some NISSIN Pads from japservice parts and they are brilliant!!

Probably not worth doing anyway as the bias is towards the front anyway.

@Chandler should work for them..Always plugging the nissin pads.. but yeah they are decent and cheap

ha ha i saw a few reviews on CL about them and thought i'd try! and i'm well impressed, especially for that price!!

• 6 months later...

i did my front ones!! MGZS 2.5 discs as they are 4x100, then you need MB6 calipers and carriers, there is a lip on the inside of the carrier that bolts to the hub, you need to grind that lip down then its a straight swap for the front

I'll be going the same road. Just to clarify, with this setup I'll need MB6 pads too, right?

• 1 month later...

Today I bought Prelude BB1 calipers. I think they are the same as MB6 but I'm not sure. They use the same pads as MB6 but the discs are 23mm thickness and total height is 47mm. I still don't have mg zs brake discs to try them on. But I plan to grind the calipers lip before that just to be ready when the discs arrive. So @Chandler can you draw a circle on the picture where the lip is at? :D Without the discs to try them on I'm not sure where it is. Or maybe I should wait because of the different calipers that I got.

DSCF8060_zps1ogzzubh.jpg

Mg zs brakes are are a gr8 upgrade for the 1.6 1.5 and 1.4 models as the disc is bigger and the are 4×100 pcd but they offer no gains for the mb6 or mc2 as these have bigger brakes as standard and a 4×114 pcd i hope this helps if people didnt know

Ps the best place to get mgzs spares is the mg owners club as they recon old parts to supply to members