car trouble...help :(

ep82

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to remember the way i done it now..... :?

Anyway usual jacking up stuff wont go into it. To make life easier put another jack under the front arm, roughly where the suspension sits and raise the jack to take pressure off of the link. Now im pretty sure there should be an allan key head inside the studs of the links. You will need to hold the stud still with the allan key when removing the nut, if you have ratchet spanners this makes life much more easy. If not an ordindary ring spanner or opened ended spanner will still do! I believe space is tight for getting the spanners in but it can be done. Loosing both nuts first (top and bottom) then once they are loosened remove one, followed by the other. Fitting is just the reverse of removal really, you will probably noticed the front anti roll bar has probably went up a bit as its under tension all the time, this is why the jack is on the front arm, if you cant get the new link on jack the front arm up a bit so it brings the two locating holes for the drop links closer together.

Right I have bought those Drop links Japcarmad posted up and it seems different to mine.

Can anyone tell me if I am looking at the completely wrong place.

Or even better, can someone tell me if the drop links I bought are right and Where exactly do they go (a pic of the location will be cool)

P1050498.jpg

P1050500.jpg

P1050501.jpg

P1050504.jpg

Can someone tell let me know cos if they are wrong then I need to let the ebay seller know and try and get my money back.

Thanks

You have drop links that fit on the 1.8 and diesels! Different anti roll bars on them than others. You can get the correct ones on flea bay!

Hmmm Mines a 1.8 how come it doesnt fit. Can you check the link Japcarmad posted up above and can you tell me if I have a case to send it back/returns as the ad on ebay said it's for MB6?

BLAMES-VTi, can you please tell me where I can get some of those?

Thanks mike.

Right, I just have to ask if these will 1000000% Fit as I cannot afford to spend more money as my card bill is about £400 this month :cry:

AND, Do you think I can return the other ones or does these sell on here? meaning is there many cars which these will fit onto? Id rather sell these At £15 delivered and lose £5 than stuck with them and lose £20

Archived