wheels

jonnyricer

PCD (4x114) would be fine but the offset may well be too low. If they're the upper end of the primera et35-42 range they'll just fit but you may get some rear arch clearance probs, handling might suffer & expect bearings/bushes etc to wear quicker! Offset needs to be 45+, ideally 50 on 7Js or 55 if narrower wheels (as stock 15"6Jet55). Finding wheels for an MB6/MC2 is a pain in't proverbial!

:? are you sure stock offset is 55, I thought it was around et42, I have 17s with a 40 offset and they are quite close to the arches(mainly because its lowered way to much) but I think if I had a 50 et they would hit on the inside at full lock, best to get 9inch rims with zero offset :lol::lol::lol:

My stock wheels (fat fives) are stamped 15 6J et55 on the inside rim. Please someone correct me if I'm misreading this! I've actually got 17 7J et42 fitted to mine but have rear arch clearance issues - JUST! - this is only really when loaded up with passengers. For most of the time they're fine but I'd like to lower it sometime!

I think the confusion usually comes from the non-vti MB/Cs being pcd100 & offset 35-42; common 17" wheels usually fit fine on them.

& yeah, I'd also love to see 9" rims like that on one of these cars. I remember seeing a reliant robin with ridiculously wide wheels (& axle too I bet) being chased on street wars - the only time I've ever seen on handle round corners :lol::lol::lol:

Archived