Advice on coilovers

Bri

Rokkor / rAceland same company only difrence is the spring rates .. Rokkor has higher spring rate..cheap coilovers well worth the money.. Better than oem shocks with lowering springs..think these coilovers for eg/ek are the same fittment 50 mm fork type so you can use mb lca you gonna need to fit in spacers between the fork and lca

Or you can get d2 (integra dc2) lower control arms totaly recommend does stiiffen up the rear

Yes mate.. You do have to re-use a couple of bolts from your MB suspention though.

If memory serves me right, the tope mount bolt and the lower clamp bolt...

From memory John, is it just bolts you need to reuse? As i want to raise my car up as although it catches on everything on the towing eyes. So was thinking of getting new springs 30 or 35mm but if i can get coilies for a bit more, and it will replace my shocks at the same time then i will do that. Also if your squeaking noise was a top mount then i want to replace mine to see if solves my noise. So do you get top mounts with this kit or do you use your orginal ones?

If you're just doing the springs mate, no worries at all. Straight on, nothing else needed!

It's when you change your shocks, the top mount bolt and, like nova2fit4u says, you have to put spacers betweeen the LCA and the shock mount as the EG / EK ones were slightly wider.

As for the top mount squeaks, have a gander at my sqeuaky thread, I sorted it. Dead easy and only takes 15 mins per corner!

FYI, I've only got shortened / adjustable springs on standard shocks. The ride is OK so long as you don't go too low! The more you lower it, the more bouncy it gets! I'm planning on replacing my shocks, probably only with MG ZS 180 ones, as they are 15-20mm shorter and have a higher bump stiffness due to the weight of the V6 engine :) I've lowered mine so the arches are around an inch above the tyres. Looks good and rides fine!

Yes mate.. You do have to re-use a couple of bolts from your MB suspention though.

If memory serves me right, the tope mount bolt and the lower clamp bolt...

From memory John, is it just bolts you need to reuse? As i want to raise my car up as although it catches on everything on the towing eyes. So was thinking of getting new springs 30 or 35mm but if i can get coilies for a bit more, and it will replace my shocks at the same time then i will do that. Also if your squeaking noise was a top mount then i want to replace mine to see if solves my noise. So do you get top mounts with this kit or do you use your orginal ones?

If you're just doing the springs mate, no worries at all. Straight on, nothing else needed!

It's when you change your shocks, the top mount bolt and, like nova2fit4u says, you have to put spacers betweeen the LCA and the shock mount as the EG / EK ones were slightly wider.

As for the top mount squeaks, have a gander at my sqeuaky thread, I sorted it. Dead easy and only takes 15 mins per corner!

FYI, I've only got shortened / adjustable springs on standard shocks. The ride is OK so long as you don't go too low! The more you lower it, the more bouncy it gets! I'm planning on replacing my shocks, probably only with MG ZS 180 ones, as they are 15-20mm shorter and have a higher bump stiffness due to the weight of the V6 engine :) I've lowered mine so the arches are around an inch above the tyres. Looks good and rides fine!

No...way! :o thats good i've always wanted coilovers but the price has put me off! :shock: but those are juse £180 which is a very good price ;););) You know your stuff mate!!! :D

I'm just a looser mate, remember everything and anything, so long as it's not important. If it's important, 100% gauranteed I'll forget it :)

No...way! :o thats good i've always wanted coilovers but the price has put me off! :shock: but those are juse £180 which is a very good price ;););) You know your stuff mate!!! :D

I'm just a looser mate, remember everything and anything, so long as it's not important. If it's important, 100% gauranteed I'll forget it :)

Archived