very stiff steering wheel as if no PAS!

azim

Have you checked the belt for the pump mate?

If it's slightly loose, it won't be pumping it as hard...

thanks will have a look at that but i ent no mechanic where is this pump exactly lol? you seem to have quite few troubleshooting tips thanks again man

Passenger side of the engine mate, there's a big braket (usually rusty as hell) on the passenger side of the engine, it's an L (ish) shape. There is an adjustment bolt on there....

Follow the Power steering fluid lower hose (only about a foot long) towards the engine, thats the pump ;)

The belt that goes around the pully, see how loose it is, it should have some flex in it, think the refraction should be about 2 CM's of movement in the middle bit, so if it moves more than that when you add pressure (10KG's usually) to the centre of the belt, tighten it up.

Or, push it with your hand, if it's not feeling pretty tight, just adjust the bolt on the L bracket above :D

I've not got an MB6 any more, so working from memory, sorry if it's sketchy :D

Passenger side of the engine mate, there's a big braket (usually rusty as hell) on the passenger side of the engine, it's an L (ish) shape. There is an adjustment bolt on there....

Follow the Power steering fluid lower hose (only about a foot long) towards the engine, thats the pump ;)

The belt that goes around the pully, see how loose it is, it should have some flex in it, think the refraction should be about 2 CM's of movement in the middle bit, so if it moves more than that when you add pressure (10KG's usually) to the centre of the belt, tighten it up.

Or, push it with your hand, if it's not feeling pretty tight, just adjust the bolt on the L bracket above :D

I've not got an MB6 any more, so working from memory, sorry if it's sketchy :D

thanks man will give that a try

Archived