itr camshafts

niterider692002

hi all. i am going to buy some used itr cams for my car at the end of the week and was wondering what i should look out for. i have looked on the net at how they should look but that might be not enough me thinks! can anyone help as i dont fancy driving hours to get these and then comming back putting them in my car and they break and have to take that long trip i got to visit the seller and smack him on the wrist!!!!!! any help or info would be a great help. cheers guys.

buy them from a reputable seller who can show the history of the car they were taken out off. Bear in mind that itr cams wont drop straight in, you will need the itr valve train as a minimum for these cams

the cams do fit striaght in........

but you are advised to run at least the ITR valve springs and retainers

i have fitted these on my B16 before without the ITR springs ect and had no issues but i was only reving to a 8000rpm limit to get the most from them fit the ITR valve train as stated

pardon my stupididty, but wat you mean when you say valve train??? i will be aquiring some springs and retainers for my b18c4 engine just to make sure the cams are happy but iv also herd you can run them with the stock springs and retainers in the b18c4. is this true.

two questions then basically to add to the thread.

1. what is a valve train

2. can you run itr cams in a b18c4 without changing the springs and retainers

cheers for all your help once again guys

valve train is the springs, retainers etc. it is possible to use it with the stock valvetrain in the b18c4 but the itr cams are higher lift and the springs will take a beating

Its entirely upto you which route you take, if you want to use the standard valvetrain or not. when i upgrade my cams to itr ones ill be changing the entire valvetrain including valves etc, this will mean in the future when i upgrade the cams again the valvetrain will be able to handle it

• 5 weeks later...

Archived