Cant open my Door...!!!!!!!??

Hello all, ive got a big problem with my Mb4. My passenger rear door will not open at all using inside handle and outside handle,The childlock is also on. Can anyone help me with this that wont do much harm to my baby..??

Cheers Tom....

You can undo the screw inside the interior handle, remove the actual handle plastics, and try pulling the wire from there mate, but if the child lock is on, that won't do you any good!

I'm struggling for idea's other than smahing, breaking off the whole door card!

• 4 weeks later...

i did this once to my dad's nissan, i pulled the door intreious door rubber, off so there was a gap for me to bend a wire coat hanger in to the shape to flick the child lock over to the open posision

• 2 months later...

Old post, but in case you're still stuck:

I had this issue, it got progressively worse until finally the lock mechanism seized completely - no amount of pushing from the inside whilst someone outside pulled the handle etc would open it. To get to it, the door card needs to be removed, which isn't exactly easy with the door shut but IS possible & you shouldn't do any more damage than the possibility of needing new clips which are pence. Remove all bolts that you can find behind handles, grips etc then the card does pull away. You can then get a hand/tool in to get at the lock mechanism. A good brush over & lashings of Wd40 & it's been fine ever since.

Archived