DC2 Type R Manifold

Guest VTI-S

Hi everyone, I would greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me:

DC2 Type R Stock exhaust manifold onto a B18C4

1) Is the above a cost effective upgrade for a B18C4 ?

2) How does it compare with other manifolds?

3) Believe it is 2.5" and a 4-2-1, is that correct?

4) Obviously I will need a custom cat etc. - roughly how expensive would that be, in anyone's experience? (I'm not being lazy with this question, I just need to make sure I'm not being ripped off)

(Sorry if this post is in the wrong section), Many Thanks :)

the ukdm manifold is 2.25", the 96 spec jdm is the 2.5" 421 and the 98 spec jdm is the 2.5" 4-1. the 98 spec jdm is a very good manifold and cost about £250ish depending on condition.

the b18c4 manifold had a smal collector so going bigger will usually benifit it

ebay 350166041496

hope this helps! :D

lol yea i saw it already, that's why i was asking questions about it... lol

Thanks b18beans, its the thought that counts! :D

I just won a DC2 Type R UKspec manifold for £55 delivered off FleaBay. Seems good condition, no dents/scratches.

Is this the going price? Have I been ripped off?

I needed my exhaust changing anyway, so thought it would make sense to change manifold at same time. Might go for two tailpipes, one either side.

the ukdm manifold is 2.25", the 96 spec jdm is the 2.5" 421 and the 98 spec jdm is the 2.5" 4-1. the 98 spec jdm is a very good manifold and cost about £250ish depending on condition.

the b18c4 manifold had a smal collector so going bigger will usually benifit it

This UKDM ITR manifold I have, how much bhp will it typically add to my B18C4? The only other mod I currently have is a K&N, but have got a full SS exhaust & decat planned as well.

Also, is my stock B18C4 manifold a good upgrade for a B16 engine? Thinking of putting it up for sale to our 1.6 little brothers on pistonheads or something.

Thanks

Every car is differant so cant really say how much power you will gain or lose. The B16's use a a cast iron manifold were as the b18's use a tubular one, so there might be a gain even the slightest, plus its alot lighter

Archived