Car wont start ocassionally & central locking playing up

lokkochaa

Hi there,

Bout 3 weeks ago tried to start the car and nothing, no lights no click no nothing. Panicked and the Mrs tried it and it started. Same happened 2 weeks ago but visa versa, this morning the same BUT i was in the car. After about 30 seconds the clock came back on but at 8:08?!?! and it started nice as pie.

Now there seems to be a central locking problem, the lock on the key fob wont work, plus when the key is turned in the door the drivers door locks but no others. Got frustrated and gave it a smack, then it locked.

Anyone got any ideas what to check? The battery connectors are fine, but a friend mentioned it might be a fuse, but surely is a fuse has gone, it wont mend itself and go again?

Any help would be great - MB2 BTW

Cheers

Remote locks not working then car not starting, or no power indicates a bad power connection, rahter than an ignition prob to me.

Next time it happens, wiggle the earth lead, see if it starts straight after :)

Will do, it's bizarre it normally sorts itself out after 30 seconds and starts again.

The remote locking is the bigger issue me thinks, ill wiggle some leads tonight and see what happens.

Glad it doesnt sound like an ignition problem, Honda parts i have found are bloody expensive!

Archived