any painters on here

belfastlad123

have been toying with the idea of painting the civic myself lol

i need a few answers if any one dosent mind.

i can fix the dents myself and will get a pro to fix the rust if im doing it.

i was going to get paint and lacquer but my friend mentioned that if i get 2k paint i dont have to lacquer it but have to mix hardener in with it and thinners. what would happen if i dont get the mixture right.

am i better of using not 2k paint and lacquer?

does it matter if i only have a cheap paint gun ?

ive benn looking on the internet how to adjust paint gun. so think i have that figured out. lol

if i paint the car and there is orange peel in the paint. do i sand it out before lacquer or after and buff up.

should have a few more, cant think atm.

ive worked for a body man before so know a tiny bit.(he was a cowboy tho, he used to paint straight over fillerlol)

Ur aswell just usin 2k mate it's a handier job as for the orange peel ur only gonna c this after the laquer as thats wat gets the orange peel effect get a DA with 1500 grit paper an rub it all down then buff up using 3m or g3 buffing compound!

When you buy the 2 pac paint you will get hardener and thinners with it , the paint suppliers will tell you the amounts of each you need .

If you do not get the mixtures right ,if you add to much thinners the paint will be thin and run not enough it will spray thick like stone chip , If the harder is wrong it will go off fast or slow or if you have a really problem it will not go off at all .

Clear over base is the best way to do it ,but as you have never painted something before its going around the car twice so more to go wrong for you ,

You can use a cheap gun but its like everything else you only get what you pay for .

If you do the car clear over base you wet flat the after you have put on the clear coat and it dry the same with the 2 pac paint . The polish back up with some g3 and a mop and the mechine polish it to finish .

Rich.

Archived