D14 vs D15 Vtec-e

93 Accord

Just wanting to get to the bottom of the MPG differences.

Because the Vtec-e was designed for maximum fuel efficiency, and therefore you would assume it was better on fuel than a D14.

Anyone got any mpg results for the Vtec-e?

Just wanting to get to the bottom of the MPG differences.

Because the Vtec-e was designed for maximum fuel efficiency, and therefore you would assume it was better on fuel than a D14.

Anyone got any mpg results for the Vtec-e?

yep i saw that thread when i searched, prior to making a new topic, has good info, but goes off tangent slightly.

So the main difference is the gearing, dispite the engines vtec system to aid economy.

Based on that, would a D14a2 benefit from a D15 vtec-e gearbox for 60mph mpgs? or better still, whip out the 5th gear from a vtec-e and stick it in?

yep i saw that thread when i searched, prior to making a new topic, has good info, but goes off tangent slightly.

So the main difference is the gearing, dispite the engines vtec system to aid economy.

Based on that, would a D14a2 benefit from a D15 vtec-e gearbox for 60mph mpgs? or better still, whip out the 5th gear from a vtec-e and stick it in?

It will make a difference but 5th gears are the same for D14 and D15, the difference is in the final drive. D14 has 4.437, D15 has 3.888. So changing it will make all your gears longer and 1.4 motor with vtec-e gears.. this will be slow as snail :?

Vtec-e has also a EGR system which helps with fuel economy :)

It will make a difference but 5th gears are the same for D14 and D15, the difference is in the final drive. D14 has 4.437, D15 has 3.888. So changing it will make all your gears longer and 1.4 motor with vtec-e gears.. this will be slow as snail :?

Vtec-e has also a EGR system which helps with fuel economy :)