Cannot remove brake servo?

stretchie_

Hi all

Bit of a lurker, just wondering if you could help me out, I have a 1997 1.5 5door Civic. D15Z8 I believe with 164k miles on it.

I'm just trying to swap the brake servo out but am having problems removing the old one.

I took the master cylinder off, disconnected the servo from the brake pedal (what a pain this was getting the split pin out, I think being a 12 year old contorsionist would have helped a lot) and undid the four mounting bolts on the cabin side and the servo is loose and moving around.

I just don't seem to be able to work it free and remove it from the engine bay, I can pull it out enough so that the four mounting studs are free but the rod that connects to the brake pedal sticks out too far and there doesn't seem to be a position I can get it in to so that I can remove the servo.

Any tips on how you may have done it?

I got frustrated and went on to fix my bonnet catch instead but at least I fixed something right.. :D I used to have to get someone to hold the bonnet release lever out while I lifted the hood up but not any more :P

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...