Central locking system

ppb92

Hi Civic forum, I am a new member of this site, and so far people seems to be nice and very eager to help.

I've encountered a problem with my Civic MB1 96. My central locking system stopped working randomly for a period of time, where I then changed the battery in the remote, which helped for 1 day, and now none of it works. My car is LHD, and have checked the doorside with the wires, and no wires are broken, and there are no fuses that are dead. I've downloaded the manual, that this site contains, but I can't seem to find out how to fix my problem? Like where to look, and so forth?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DO the locks all operate on the key? I know my remote is almost disfunctional i.e. you need to put the fob on the windscreen to get it to function, but it works on the key. Are the batteries in the fob of a decent make, i.e. not something from a pound store for instance! It might well be that the fob is at fault as these tend to live hard lives, in pockets, chucked onto tables etc. The fob would be the place where I would start esp if the key operates the locks OK.

• 1 year later...