windscreen

Hey folks having some issues with my windscreen and just wandered if it was a common fault lol. When i bought the car there was a hell of a lot of wind noise so i went and investigated. At the bottom corner where the tax disc goes it seems the window doesnt go all way to corner, as if its the wrong window. The seals around the window are all starting to peal out and now its leaking water in from the top corners lol. Are windscreens usually an issue with these machines??

cheers

They certainly are around the top corners. Had two MB6's and both have leaked in the drivers side top corner. Just did a bit of a quick bodge to mine the other week - pulled back the black down trim, cleaned the area with degreaser then pumped a load of clear, exterior, flexible silicon into the corner and replaced the trim. Seems to have done the trick and was no trouble during the recent downpours. Other option is get it replaced on insurance if your windscreen were damaged in any way! Usually free or a small excess to pay but those down trims are a right b****r to remove so probably gonna have a few broken clips when it goes back on.

I was considering getting it replaced but didnt know how to go about it due to not being damaged lol ;) any tips on this could be helpful lol. Mechanic at my work has tried sealing majority of the window but its still leaking and still loads of wind noise, again im not certain this is exact window for car or if it is hasnt been fitted previously to any sort of decent standard.

That sounds like the sealant is failing badly, or as you say, not been fitted right previously. Either way, I'd reckon the screen would have to be removed to repair properly. Plenty stones/bricks flying around out on the roads!