spiggot/hub question.

Raz s

Hi, I have just done mb6 brake upgrade on my mb2 and as we all know i had to get wheels with 4x114 PCD. So i get the wheels ( volvo s40 bbs ) and see that i could do with spiggot rings. When i went out and measured with calipers im pretty sure i needed 62-67mm But after reading on various forums it seems civics are 56.1mm ID. Is this correct in my case with the hub swap? And if so do i just need say 56.1mm to ID of my volvo rim?

Would love someone to advise me on this, as with what i have been reading there seems to be alot of scaremongery. Also if anyone could point me in the right direction of where to get them.

Thanks folks

Also i have tapered wheel bolts Instead of the half moon oem honda fitment ones, The seem to be a snug fit into the volvo wheels. Would this not be enough to centre up the wheels? im getting so confused with different answers on other forums banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have the volvo BBS wheels ( can not still :oops::cry: post pic for some reason )

i took my car to an after market wheel place buy me called

http://www.pembertontyres.co.uk/

He sorted them out for me . I know there not close for you but its what i did .As for the wheel bolts go to the scrap yard wheel blots are normally dirt cheap .Do not go for the alloy ones they strip too easy from my exp but they do look good

ps; what did you pay for your wheels ?

Hi i have the volvo BBS wheels ( can not still :oops::cry: post pic for some reason )

i took my car to an after market wheel place buy me called

http://www.pembertontyres.co.uk/

He sorted them out for me . I know there not close for you but its what i did .As for the wheel bolts go to the scrap yard wheel blots are normally dirt cheap .Do not go for the alloy ones they strip too easy from my exp but they do look good

ps; what did you pay for your wheels ?

So are you running spiggots then? i am using alloy nuts at the minuet and i have ordered some d1 spec ones too.

I payed 100 pounds all with 5mm or over tread tryes on off of a volvo nut friend. Obviously they have been refurbed since.