Car won't start **URGENT**

djbaybeeraver23

i was told it not the best way as could fry the ecu!.. however the one with the big square plug is a TD81U distributor... type it in google and view images.. can see that the plugs and pins match.. i have already sent the new unit back as wrong model.. did contemplate the whole cutting malarky.. however didnt fancy £300+ for the ecu etc..

the code on the back D3179 brings up TD68U dizzys which are the same inside yes but the plugs are not.. but whilst scouring the net of which i have done for the last 3 days.. established that it is the 81U unit i need.. but still waiting for the funds to come back is killing me.. just want to give my beast a nice blast.. the vtec noise in Antigua is nothing like here ;). they all sounded.. pretty rough.. was a few nice tegs and one EP3TR. that was nice in CW with CF bonnet white wheels, easy pushing 240. big $$$ spent in it ;)..

anywho back to the topic, i dont even have anyone with the same engine to try swapping one over and seeing if it will actually start!. i hope its the dizzy, cant think of anything else that it could be once this has been replaced?.

by the way, when you swap the whole unit, i read you have to line the rotor up with number one so the timing isnt out. if its a new unit, would this be set in the one position, or will it require removing the cap, setting and then refitting?. and if the crank isn't at one then need to turn the crank until it is?. have the book but i just want to be clear!

dont need to have to buy a whole engine!