Possible excessive pressure in cooling system

spudley1988

Hey thought I'd post up again on this as its still ongoing. Occassionally my temp gauge will go up to over half, can either be whilst driving or stationary. Whilst the gauge is up the fan stays n constantly. Once i put blowers to hot and blast them gauge comes down and car will be fine. It can then be fine for a day or a month. Also the coolant is going into the expansion tank but it never returns to the radiator so i have to often transfer the water back manually. I'm also losing oil but oil only gets used excessively after the gauge has risen. When i took the cap off the radiator the water in the expansion tank tried to burst out the top.

Beside this heaters etc work fine, dont seem to lose much coolant either. There is probably more ive missed but does anyone have any clues as this is driving myself, and others, crazy lol.

Yea was awaiting the HG post lol. I'm obviously hoping its not but unsure how else to test if it is. At the moment cooling is normal again but that could easily change in days/weeks. Have a 1600 head so may just bang that fella on.