Exterior mirror

OFFICER

Hey there.

I have a problem in my RHD passenger side. I had a collision, with it and now the mirror doesn't hang in his place, its like loosen.

I can turn it without force it to both sides and on the highway, it closes by itself with the wind.

Can anyone help me? What should i do to fix it? What is broken?

Sorry for my english lol

• 2 weeks later...

On my MC2 right, and on MB6 left mirror is tied with one screw bolted from underneath so i believe that previous owners had simmilar problem as you which they solved it this way

They cannot move anymore, but they stay still. So i think that only 2 solutions are screw and new mirror

no i didnt drill a hole, owner before me did it :), but yes, you need to make hole through holder and mirror (they are made from alluminium) and put screw in it to stop rotating

this fellow does all the magic

IMAG0474.jpg

how do you mean to open the mirror?

if you want to fold/unfold mirror, you need to unscrew only this new screw

if you want to dissasembly the mirror, you need to unscrew those 3 screws, and take off mirror glass (please look in the manual, scream if you cannot find ;))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

stripped my mirror's the other day for painting, didn't take no pic's due to time etc.. a couple of tip's those 2 screw's in the bottom of the outer casing on the outside of the car, can be a arse to get out, but you can't take it off compleatly due to the wireing loom, as plug won't fit through the hole in the mirror.

use the best fitting screw driver for the job as if you round them off it's game over.

to take the mirror out, if you go under the main morror casing there will be a little hole, in there there is a screw that need's undoing, not all the way though, once loose enough, the bottom of the mirror should pull out complete with motor and wiring loom. you have to dismantal the plug to remove the mirror/motor wiring from the mirror. when i finish the paint work on mine i'll do a detaled strip down with pic's...