winter turbo time

vti4mark

over the winter i'm going to be buying parts to turbo my mb6. the plan is to get a low pressure turbo and run 6-7psi so will i need to change anything in the engine?

i want it to kick in early 1.5-2k for power low down more than anything else.

just want to get some advice off the people with turbo cars off here what is the best route to go?

any help with parts which will be needed ie turbo spec, would be great.

thanks mark.

Hi there mate running that low pressure you will not have to change the internals of the engine . but the 1.5k to 2.0k starting point for the boost is possible but it will drop off boost high up in the revs when you need it the most in vtec . you are best to go for a t3 04 the will start to boost about 3k and hold the boost to the red line . You will need other parts as well if you want a full list of the things you will need just give me a shout . ill be selling all my turbo stuff and my engine and all my other mods after x mas . the turbo will be to big for your needs but ill have some parts you need . Rich.

Any management will run low or high psi , i would go for hondata s300 every time as it has so may good things on it like launch control and adjusterable rev limiter and you can turn everything that the ecu reads on and off it even knows what gear you are in so can set boost higher or lower for set gears and all that for around £400 in a p28 ecu . then you are looking about £400 to map .but there is loads of stuff out there . Rich.

Archived