Too Low. Help!!!!

djmca

Does anyone have a Deck or an MB6 thats on the floor and have the problem of it catching over big bumps? There are 2 x towing points underneath the car just behind the splash tray and they stick out about a mile. What the heck was the idea behind putting them there like great stupid lumps of metal?! They are the worst positioned part on the car. I have had to raise my car as i get an almighty thump every time i go over a speed bump. Apart from grinding them off (which im not keen on doing), has anyone had this problem and overcome it or have any ides?

To be honest I'm not too bad, just got to be careful which speed bumps I go over - the few I ever need to go over are low enough to do without scraping.

Could you not raise your ride height a few mm? Might help a little bit.

I'll measure the height from the deck of my towing eyes and let you know what my ride height is at.

Yeah ive raised it as i cant drive it anywhere when its lower but it doesnt look the same! I think its because im running 45 profile tyres on 15" rims, it must just make the car sit a lot lower overall. Its just over 22" from the ground to the middle of the wheelarch (through the centre of the wheel) on mine.

Archived