Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Washingwagon'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Product Groups

  • MEMBERSHIPS
  • STICKERS
  • Key chains
  • CIVIC5 MERCHANDISE

Calendars

  • Civic5 Meets and Events Calendar

Categories

  • Records

Forums

  • Club related stuff
    • About Civic5 & Rules
    • Latest Club News
    • FAQ
  • General Section
    • Chat Lounge
    • Members Cars
    • SOS! Help!!
    • Car Of The Month
    • Civic5 Meets/Events
    • Civic buyers guide
  • Technical Civic MA8 MA9 MB1 MB2 MB3 MB6 MC1 MC2
    • D.I.Y Guides
    • Engine & Chassis
    • Body/Electrics/Interior

Categories

  • Civic5 desktop wallpapers
  • Civic5 Smartphone wallpapers
  • Honda Related stuff
  • Civic5 DIY Guides
  • Misc Files

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Name


Location


Security check

Found 1 result

  1. Right this is one of the reasons why my aerodeck has been on the back burner. I decided enough was enough working for wewantanycar and thought it's about time I went back to what I do best, detailing. This is the build up of my van that carries absolutely everything I need to detail anywhere. Even in the middle of a field. Started off getting the van and inside it looked like this This was all stripped out and cleaned ready for me to insulate the van itself inside. I did this due to wanting to keep it cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. Once insulated the panel lining was reinstalled and I proceeded to make my split bulkhead. The bulk head is 10mm thick mdf and 7mm thick Perspex sheet. I did this so I can get a decent amount of light in the back through the windscreen and also keep privacy from nosy thieving scum. After that I decided to install my 250l water storage tank right behind it in the middle for nice even weight distribution. My next step was storage space. I decided to build shelving units around the wheel boxes all the way up to the top of the ply lining. Comprising of 3 higher shelves to the left and 4 shallower shelves on the right. Went and got some black fabric to fix to the roof to hide the insulation and make it a little cosier. The interior was then painted in stone grey. 4 coats of it. I didn't want white as it's too bright in the sun, plus it's a nightmare to keep clean. In terms of power supply, I didn't want a generator as I don't want all the noise, so I bought 2 leisure caravan batteries, a 3000w inverter and a split charge relay kit. This means I can plug the likes of my pressure washer, vacuum and polisher into the inverter and run them off the leisure batteries. Charging the batteries by starting the van and flicking a switch to split the charge to the van battery and also to charge the leisure batteries too. Finished laying the chequered flooring down giving me this as the finished result with all the gear in. Took me a good week and a half to do as I'm no joinery expert, but I enjoyed building it. All that's left to do now is get the signwriting applied and it's completed. Another benefit to the layout as it is means I can take all my cleaning gear out, pop two sleeping bags in the middle with a portable gas cooker and hey presto, camping/touring van. 😀 Hope you enjoyed looking through this. Any comments and criticism welcome
×
×
  • Create New...