Sticky/tight gear changes

spudley1988

Hey folks looking to solve an issue which ive always had on my mb6 which is now starting to bug me. Car is very difficult to change gears and seems to get worse when hot/after hard drive but can still be a nightmare when out on a normal day out. Had previously been suggested because shifter bush is polly but chap who made my exhaust said that hes dealt with many cars with the same bush pollied and said it should only really take up the slack not make gear changes a nightmare. He thought possibly clutch, but clutch was in about a month after exhaust and theirs no difference at all. The bearing in the short shifter was mentioned along with gearbox issues. Anybody here experienced this or have any knowledge to which direction to go. Dont want to be splashing crazy money on a box and fitment when it may not solve the issue.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Try the simple and cheap fixes first

Start with a fluid change ensuring its bled well check ur box fluid for any metal particals if that dosent work check the function of your master and slave cylinders if they are ok then you may have to check if your release bearing or (hopfully not) your gearbox are well or not hope this helps