car trouble...help :(

ep82

Well it's typical!!! got the car serviced then oil leaked everywhere, then rear caliper seized up, got the rear caliper's replace bought from Rich and something else is wrong.

why does car problems always happen to me?

I can explain whats going on and hope someone can help me find a solution as I am getting really skint (parts and labour)

if I drive on a flat road then the car is fine, but when I go over a bump, I am hear clunck and (what sounds like) a bag of tools loose in a back pack. it's on the driver side as well. it sound like something is loose or broken. but after about 2 secs, the sounds goes if I am on the flat again.

The only thing I can think of between getting my caliper fixed and the sound now is I hit a pot hole about 50mph yesterday on the driver's side. can that damage something?

any ideas will be great. i just hope it's not bad as I am broke :cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be your anti-roll bar drop links mate, id be suprised if the spring is broken, you would possibly notice the car leaning, plus it would make a noise even on normal driving i rekon.... My drop links were knackered on mine, and they used to rattle about loads before i got them changed... Jack her up and have a good look around mate to see if you can see anything before sending to a garage again!! 8-)

I broke a spring going over a speed hump about a month at low speed 10 mph (St200 and the springs are twice the size) and the first corner i went rd it jumped its seat and went right through the tyre,in between the speed hump and it coming off the noise was just normal, its an easy one to find out just take the wheel off and have a look to see if its gone or sheered, the spring could still look intact.

Ah cool guys. thanks for the reply. I shall take the wheels off the driver side and have a look tomorrow. I will check the spring and see if I can see any damage. How do I check the drop links Adam?? It is the front ones right? I just dont know what I am looking out for :oops: got any pics?

Oh and Rich. Sorry for the delay. I had problems after I got the new calipers installed as my friend failed to bleed thesystem completely. I had to undo the nut and bleed it myself. was shocked as my brakes didnt work and I had to put my foot almost flat on the floor. (I worked on the car monday) and by tuesdays night, I opened the boot and noticed the calipers were still in the boot.......feel bad as I forogtten to send it but got it out first thing wednesday morning. Brakes working perfectly now tho :D

Anyone who needs rear calipers, I would recommend Rich 10000%

Took the driver side front and rear wheels off to check but cant seem to find anything broken. had a quick fiddle with bits and bobs and took it out again and it's still making an awful noise :evil: I'm not sure if it's actually the suspension side of thing which is broken, what if it's part of the engine?? like a bolt that has snapped? I am just really worried as I need to drive the car to get to work ( I work weekends and drive to a few places) and nowhere can check my car till monday now. plus I need to take my baby about so not sure if it's safe.

heres some pics anyway. hope someone can spot something I missed. I can always make a part of the picture bigger if you need a closer look. these have all been resized.

front suspension

checkingsus00006.jpg

checkingsus00005.jpg

checkingsus00004.jpg

checkingsus00003.jpg

checkingsus00002.jpg

rear

checkingsus00001.jpg

well I thought I was just asking for opinion and advice but yes. think this should be moved now....

Anyway. I get went to a local tyres, exhaust and suspension garage and they managed to get my car out and on the ramp to have a look. They said there is play on the Track rod ends and drop links, they quoted me Ball joint susp £56 another Ball joint susp £65 and 2x Stab link £68.

Thought they might just say the track rod ends to get more business as he said I would need tracking is needed right away which they do,

Does this sound like this could me the cause of the problem?

Archived