Help please. Crankshaft pulley bolt!

pikeypadfield

Ok heres the problem bought this 1.5 vtec with coolant issue done all the checks had flow cooling fan cut in and out didnt over heat on me. lost a huge amount of water whilst running for around 20 mins.... headgasket no problem. started the job and cheated by pushing belt off camshaft pulley just due to me not be able to undo the damn crankshaft pulley bolt.

i have took the starter out and wedged a pry bar in there but still unable to do it.. any ideas would be much appreciated.

Also any headgaskets for sale or anyone know of any cheap places to try and timing belts.

Thanks robbie.

get the wheel on the ground put the car in gear and get some one to hold the brake pedel down hard and get a nice big breaker bar on the bottom pulley nut and it should go , if not add some nice long pole to the breaker bar and it well have to get go the or snap the bolt . Rich

ok ive undone it what a absolute nightmare. ok i have a big breaker bar and a huge scafolding pole. someone holding a huge prybar to hold the fly wheel. someone sat inside with foot on brakes and in gear!!! done and dusted. now crack on with the headgasket!!

thanx guys!

Archived