AMP

IceMan

My amp keeps blowing fuses nearly instantly after turning the ignition , and stranger still the power light remains lit!!! I have changed the earthing point but to no avail. Why would the power light remain lit after the fuse has blown ? Strange.

Thing to note would be that it was working 8 months ago fine. Since then it had been left in the boot as the car was off the road while I ran the 200sx. I have moved the earth point because i noticed some rust.

Cheers

Just been googling this query and its leaning toward the amp being at fault. would make sense I guess as I haven't touched the wiring in 8 months. Amp probably got damp, frozen and heated up during winter and "summer"

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - so close yet so far...

Got my amp repaired by the electrician in work. Now my sub pops when it gets powered up , when you run music through it its not as noticeable. If i set the amp to hi it makes a loud sharp noise. So its set lo for now. The only thing that has changed since it last worked fine is I have moved the earthing point, could this be it?

Any ideas ?

Archived