bit of smoke?

vtec_freak

hey all..ive got my mb6 up and running (all be it with a very slight misfire) but it still smokes a lil bit? ive been told it has new valves,stem seals,springs etc but it still seems to smoke a bit? ive been told the seals need 2 be worn in? is that true? or do i need to strip the top end off and check everything over? bity worried as my last mb6 had the same problem and it led to the bottom end bearings giving up! :( can any1 shed sum light on this plz? cheers guys :)

If you have done all the top end work and its still smoking and missing , do a compression test , By the sounds of it though you have warn piston rings . Rich.

the previous owner had done all the work on the top end due to a snapped cambelt! muppet! :x he reckons it snapped a valve and maybe put a slight score in the bore? but very slight he said and he forgot 2 do the bottom pulley bolt up properly wen he put it back together... so it came off :roll: lol...he thought he had bent a valve so i got it off him for 200pounds :D got it back 2 mine and the timing was a tooth out :lol: sorted that and it runs ok...bit poppy out of the pipe tho? and it only seems to smoke on start-up? once the engine is at operating temp it seems ok? other than the popping on idle and low revs? it holds back btween 4500rpm and 6000 tho :cry: once its at 6000rpm it goes like f lol...seems to go better between those revs if i dont have my foot planted...ive changed the vtec solenoid on it as my mates prelude used to do the same and that is wot he suggested but it hasnt completely cured it? this is why im thinking i mite have 2 strip the top end and check the previous owners work? :roll: ...any other ideas guys? im happy to run it like this until ive finished my engine rebuild but would prefer if it ran right :? ur help and ideas are much appreciated 1"£££$££"!!

Same again just do a compression test it will tell you if there is a problem , and after that do a cylinder leakage test and that will tell you if its the head for the block . Rich.

Archived