Can I fool the ABS

Badshot

Hi chaps

I have a faulty ABS speed sensor on the rear of my aerodeck, I know looking at the workshop manual that the ABS system expects to see 2-3 Ohms when the cars moving and was thinking that by unpluging the sensor and replacing it with a resister say 2.2 Ohms, I could fool the system into putting the ABS back on and extinguishing the warning light?

Any ideas as its looking about £150 cheaper than the sensor at the moment.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
be interested to see if its that easy. could always get a garage to try and clear the fault.

You could clear the faults by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins for pulling the ecu fuse . but if there is a sensor down when you get to 20 mph it will come stright back on . the same as if you fix the fault you will need to get to 20 mph for the system to see you have sorted the problem and the light to go out . Rich.

Yep i did clear the abs light only for it to come back on after 20 mph, looks like a new ABS sensor is needed, does anyone know if the ABS is actually fuctioning with the warning light up?

It will not be working when the light is on . Rich.

you did nt here this from me get an auto electrician guy to wire up the abs light to the oil pressure light light comes on and goes out as it should,but you will still have no abs!!

you want abs get a new sensor!!!

Archived