another wheel size question

stapi

Hello,

Sorry for silly question but cannot really understand all them wheel sizes / conversions.

I am just looking for some wheels and came across a set sized 17x8j et30 with 225/45/17 tyres. My MB6 VTI is lowered 30mm. I'm guessing they are going to be too big but just wanted to confirm ;)

I'm actually still not sure if I really want to upgrade wheel anyway, my front tires need replacing so that's the main reason for me looking at wheels again. As I currently have set of Yokohamas and only going to replace front ones as the rear ones are still in good condition, can anyone recommend a decent Yoko model as the S306 i have now are rubbish on wet?

Thanks a lot in advance for all help.

Think your gona struggle with them wheels. i tried 17x7.5 ET42 215/40/17 tyres and after having the arches rolled at the back did they not clip. and this was with about 2 deg. negative camber at the back. the front ones i had to raise the car slightly as it clips the inner arch liner.

but you never know unless u try ;)

8J width might fit between suspension and arch but on et30 wheels will probably stick 10mm out from the arch. Even then, with those tyres the gearing will be adversely affected as well - expect acceleration to be less as the diameter will be 38mm wider than stock. At a GUESS it might be possible to fit 8Js with a 50+ offset, but I doubt you could even get them. You could have the arches rolled or course, depends how much you want that width. More width = less force/surface area, so unless you're using super sticky, super fast-wearing rubber, it's not always going to give more grip!

It would look awesome tho ;) !

Thanks for feedback guys, probably it would look quite good but as i wasnt sure before i think i will stick with the stock rims and just get new tires. Any recommendations? As mentioned before i would prefer yokos as rear tires are staying for now.

Archived