Polyeurethane bushes...

weegibbi1400

Yep, front and rear kit. All sport (yellow) except the rear trailing arm bushes are the softer material so that the suspension still increases toe in on braking.

Just altogether tighter. Much more confident with the turn in at high speed & cornering. Really notice the difference when going over bumps on corners - I used to get a slight steering twitch & sometimes a wheel hop on a particular bump near home; not any more. The original rubber trailing arm bushes were really on their way out; significant cracking, so I suppose I'd have seen an improvement with standard ones anyway. Probably never have to replace them again though; that's a definite bonus.

Yep, front and rear kit. All sport (yellow) except the rear trailing arm bushes are the softer material so that the suspension still increases toe in on braking.

Just altogether tighter. Much more confident with the turn in at high speed & cornering. Really notice the difference when going over bumps on corners - I used to get a slight steering twitch & sometimes a wheel hop on a particular bump near home; not any more. The original rubber trailing arm bushes were really on their way out; significant cracking, so I suppose I'd have seen an improvement with standard ones anyway. Probably never have to replace them again though; that's a definite bonus.

• 6 months later...

I remember I raved about these last time - the update isn't quite so positive. Handling still awesome, but the strongflex bushes are squeaking. Not massively, but noticeable. Next job should possibly be the audio system ;) !!

POLY BUSHES are a waste of time as once they deform they stay deformed instead of flexing back to the original shape...my es bushes in the mb only lasted about 3k in the mb before they were literally falling to bits, same with the ones i fitted to the ek4....they might be good in america where the roads are good but they fall to bits very quick in the uk

a good set of oem rubber bushes are a far better option and you would be surprised just how much freshening the bushes up will tighten your car in comparison to 12year old rubber bushes

if you want better than oem look into hardrace rubber bushes or spoon rubber bushes...look exactly like standard only about 50% stiffer ...a little dearer but far far better option...suspention needs give for road use

Archived