16" tyre sizes

age136

I am running 195/45/r16 on the MA8. This gives a pretty close match for the diameter of the original tyre size. Comparing with the speedo with the one on the tomtom I would say it's even a bit more accurate. The difference in fuel economy from 175's is hardly anything, no clearance issues but its on standard shocks at the moment. Personally a 45 profile is as low as I would go for comfort unless you have some very special damping system.

I am also running et40 which is ok, have rubbish conti contact sports on the front which doesn't help. They tend to alternately grab or tramline slightly randomly, not much but enough to be annoying sometimes. Have Pzero nero on the back which are wicked, very underrated tyre. They roll well, grip better in the wet than you would expect and are quiet.

Actually just looked a the convertor and 205/45 is a bit closer than 195/45. For some reason had it in my head that mb6 stock was the same diameter as other civics, which it isn't. If that works at the moment your probably better off with a bit more width.

Archived