VW Polo 6n project build - R6 bike carb conversion

edwardm

The grey ones waaaayyyy past that guys, the 'minilite' style wheels have been and gone on the grey one, just haven't quite got time to upload all the photos just yet.

I'll update when i get home later, off to pick a rear beam up for my friend atm.

Cheers for the comments.

More of the progress thread.

So i soon swapped over the wheels and coilovers which thankfully hadn't been damaged.

They were 13x7 and 13x8 'Smoor Roadster' wheels, quite rare, especially in staggered form, i think they fetched approx. £500.00 when i got rid of them, they were also running 165/55/13 Nankang tyres all round:

DSC00032-1.jpg

Few pics from Ultimate Dubs 2009:

S6000437-1.jpg

S6000439.jpg

S6000482.jpg

I also felt it necessary to poke the rears a further 9mm and give the drums a lick of paint as you could see them through the wheels:

Image0098-1.jpg

Image0097-1.jpg

Next came a good oil drop, probably in need:

Image0070-2.jpg

Image0069-2.jpg

The pain of having coilovers and 13's:

Image0067-2.jpg

Image0066-2.jpg

Image0068-2.jpg

More from my pic archive etc when i get a little more time :D

Comments?

there was a person floating about tattershall (lincolnshire) he had a bright yellow lupo, on coilover, the rear tyres had that much negative camber on the back the tyres would'nt last 5k.

the gorund clearance was less than an inch if he had a blow out it would be sat on the deck.

i don't understand why some one would be happy having a car that would eat through rear tyres under normal driving conditions

• 1 year later...

Archived