problem!need it sorted asap!

integraz

On behalf of a friend!

just done the swap a few days ago and car is running like a pig. Overfuelling and rough as a badgers. In the original Teg we took it out of it was sweet and pulled hard.

We installed a Skunk2 intake manifold to get rid of the dual runner OEM one, and I reckon it may have been incorrectly hooked it up. Car was throwing codes for throttle position sensor, pap sensor, electrical load detector and intake air temp sensor. We played around with and and now only have the code for ELD but car is still running s**t

anyhow any ideas what could be the issue guys? idle is funny, no vtec and generally very rough to drive, prob due to running so rich.

also if anyone has changed there intake mani to skunk 2 could you send show close up pics of it please!cheers

• -What engine is it? If it was swapped from a Teg it wouldn't have a dual runner intake manifold, unless it was a USDM GSR
    -What ECU are you running it with?

I have no experience with manifold swaps but the symptoms sound like the ECU is running in SAFE mode. If you are running the Skunk 2 intake manni with the original B18C4 ECU I would imagine that would cause the ECU to malfunction as it would still believe the butterfly valve is there.

I would try run the engine with the OEM intake manifold and see whether that solves the problem but perhaps somebody with more experience can comment on that.

I have read a lot that swapping intake manifold will only decrease the engine output unless it's been heavily modded.

you need to fit the standard b18c4 manifold back on and see if that stops your problems . mb6 engine management does not like any other inlet manifold than the standard one . or could also have a air leak or vacuum leak around the inlet manifold somewere. Rich.

Ok but as you said in your post it still had duel stage to start with on the teg engine and the ecu from the teg si still thinks its there . you need to refit the standard teg manifold back on and make sure you have no leaks . or get it remap to suit and single stage set up .Rich.

You cant use the ECU from the Si in the mb6. Ours dont have an ELD, you will need an OBD1 ecu and have it mapped so the ecu doesnt detect the eld and therefore it wont throw the code. You cant get an ELD for your car as it is part of the fuse box :)

VTEC wont work if there are any ecu codes

moe, the engine has been fitted in a esi eg,not an mb sorry if i have not mentioned it???so il change the intake and get it tuned,could there be something to do with the wire loom,it sounds very rough??what else could it be has no 1 got any pics off there skunk2 intke mani?????

check richs (civicturbo) project thread. He has a skunk2 manifold fitted. Take the advice first and check for airleaks around the throttle body where it meets the manifold, all the sensors, injectors and were the manifold meets the head

Archived