civic not starting

thepeopleschamp

dead easy mate. The barrel can be a pain the rear end, but nothing you wouldn't be able to do at home!

ECU, 5 mins! Immobiliser is integrated with the ECU so they'd be done at the same time!

Page 746 of the workshop manual (section for steering lock replacement!) show you how to do it.

Only thing is you have to replace the bolts that attach the lock to the column, as the are designed not to be removed!

dead easy mate. The barrel can be a pain the rear end, but nothing you wouldn't be able to do at home!

ECU, 5 mins! Immobiliser is integrated with the ECU so they'd be done at the same time!

Page 746 of the workshop manual (section for steering lock replacement!) show you how to do it.

Only thing is you have to replace the bolts that attach the lock to the column, as the are designed not to be removed!

where can i get the manual from?

i can hear the humm noise. ive had it recovered to a mechanic and he says it is either the ignition barrel or the black box beind the ignition barrel. hope its not the ignition barrel as it turn out to be costly if i have to replace the locks and keys. if it does turn out to be this then im just going down the cheap route and turning off the immobiliser so any key can start the car.

all you need is the black bit at the back, even better it could be just loose check it out. . . its pennies

i can hear the humm noise. ive had it recovered to a mechanic and he says it is either the ignition barrel or the black box beind the ignition barrel. hope its not the ignition barrel as it turn out to be costly if i have to replace the locks and keys. if it does turn out to be this then im just going down the cheap route and turning off the immobiliser so any key can start the car.

all you need is the black bit at the back, even better it could be just loose check it out. . . its pennies

Thats what it turned out to be in the end.

Archived