Is there a way to do a Mini me on D16Y3?

miki1981

Hi all, I have 1995 MB1, with D16Y3 SOHC engine, and was thinking lately about Mini me upgrade.

Does anyone know what would I gain in terms of power, acceleration, responsivnes..., what would I loose in terms of fuel consumption etc...

And ofcourse if its possible to do it, what engine would be best suitable to harvest the head and (im guessing) whole electronics...and do I need anything else?

Thank you all in advance.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I have 1995 MB1, with D16Y3 SOHC engine, and was thinking lately about Mini me upgrade.

Does anyone know what would I gain in terms of power, acceleration, responsivnes..., what would I loose in terms of fuel consumption etc...

And ofcourse if its possible to do it, what engine would be best suitable to harvest the head and (im guessing) whole electronics...and do I need anything else?

Thank you all in advance.

D16Y3

* Found in :

o 1995-1997 Honda Civic MB1 LS (UK/Europe)

+ Displacement : 1,590 cc (97 cu in)

+ Bore and Stroke :

+ Compression :

+ Power : 113 hp (83 kW) @ 5600 rpm

+ Torque : 140 nm @ 5100 rpm

+ Redline : 7200 rpm

+ Valvetrain : SOHC (4 valves per cylinder)

+ Fuel Control : OBD-1 MPFI

Bit of info there for ya thats correct and also i may have a full mini me conv if your interetsed pm me.

D16Y3

* Found in :

+ Bore and Stroke :

+ Compression :

Bit of info there for ya thats correct and also i may have a full mini me conv if your interetsed pm me.

your car is already vtec and 128bhp if its a y3

Hehe, I know I am not really techy with cars, but wouldnt you think i would know if its a VTEC or not...?

Anyway, its not, its exactly the one that is described in detail in post below yours.

Anway, still interested in what would be my gains and losses if I decide to go for it...

your car is already vtec and 128bhp if its a y3

Hehe, I know I am not really techy with cars, but wouldnt you think i would know if its a VTEC or not...?

Anyway, its not, its exactly the one that is described in detail in post below yours.

Anway, still interested in what would be my gains and losses if I decide to go for it...

Yes, that is the one. I already do know all that info, I am interested what would be my gains and losses if would go for a mini me.

D16Y3

* Found in :

+ Bore and Stroke :

+ Compression :

Yes, that is the one. I already do know all that info, I am interested what would be my gains and losses if would go for a mini me.

D16Y3

* Found in :

+ Bore and Stroke :

+ Compression :

Archived