MB3 MB6 instrument cluster

acivic

I noticed on the MB6 the instrument cluster looks slightly different compared to MB3 ones e.g the MB6 has slightly slanted numbers on the speedo. Or am I looking at modified ones? are the stock MB6 ones slightly different to stock MB3? is there any additional features/warning LED's on the MB6 cluster? & can I take an MB6 cluster & fit it directly in a MB3?

You are right mate, the italic speedo came on post 99 models, and the normal font on pre99 models.

You can't really use MB6 / VTI clusters as all the guages would read wrong, unless you went to the effort of recalibrating them. VTEC indicator is the main cluster mod.... Or Plasma guages!

Have a look what I did with mine in my MB6 project thread ;)

• 3 months later...

i made myself a set of clocks using mb3 and mb6 clocks.i had to take the speedo needle off to get my miles on and had to swap parts over to keep my eco light. i got the speed issue sorted and the rev counter works ok because the eco light goes off at 2.5k. and i still have my miles and eco light

would the petrol gauge be any different john ??