Bent my Track Rod and Track Rod End right on the join

harVTEC

Hi all,

As above really, had my car jacked up on wednesday to take off the front calipers when suddenly the jack collapsed, luckily neither my friend or I were too close, unfortunately the sudden drop caused the axel stand to slide under the Track Rod, exactly on the thread where the Track Rod End is attatched :x So as you can imagine, they have both bent :cry:

So just a quick question, on an MB3 does the Track Rod bolt onto the steering rack, as opposed to being an internal oart of the rack? If so I'm guessing I will just need to replace the Track Rod and Track Rod End?

Thanks in advance for any help, on a brighter note, neith me or my friend were hurt :mrgreen:

Cheers

harVTEC 1"£££$££"

Unlucky mate. Download the workshop manual in the downloads section, you'll get a full exploded diagram in there!

I had the same thing happen to me, trolley jack dug into the floor and started topping, I was under the car though!

Got out, but damn scary!

Unlucky mate. Download the workshop manual in the downloads section, you'll get a full exploded diagram in there!

I had the same thing happen to me, trolley jack dug into the floor and started topping, I was under the car though!

Got out, but damn scary!

Yeah not the best thing to do, but atleast it didn't land on the disc ey! New disc, hub etc would have probably led me to tears :lol:

Okay, thanks buddy. Where can I find this download? I'm probably looking straight at it :roll:

harVTEC

you will need a rod end and tre mate i have both for 15quid delivered if your interested....good used items, otherwise get them off ebay for 40quid for the 2 inner rod ends and 2 tres

G

Hi,

Thank you, is that £15 for the Rod End and Tre delivered? If so I'll take them, if they are both straight :D

Thanks.

harVTEC

Archived