intake manifold and throttle body

HONDACIVIC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you running standard ecu??

as all those mods really dont make car any quicker might feel better top range but prob loosing mid range which will make top range feel quicker but possibly just the same as standard.

i have long ram and i lost mid range torque but love the noise lol

everyone on here will tell you with mods you really need to upgrade ecu :(

best mod for £300 or less is itr gearbox mate :D

oohh noo hope i aint lost any power it feels faster as ther is more sound nw what ecu should i go for thers so many p72 p28 p30 im confused and will the ecu need mapping and how much could that cost

straight through exhaust aem long arm induction kit and a boost value gona be aimng for a 4-2-1 manifold and quick shifter then go for intake and tb

You will have lost mid range power mate, not much, but it will have lost a little! You may have gained some HP top end, but you will have lost torque in the mid range.

oohh noo hope i aint lost any power it feels faster as ther is more sound nw what ecu should i go for thers so many p72 p28 p30 im confused and will the ecu need mapping and how much could that cost

All of those work mate. You'd need it chipping and mapping, which would cost best part of £600-£800.

If you go for the P30, you can have it chipped and put a MB6 basemap on it (or Simpo is selling exacly that in the for sale section) THEN you could put on a none IAB intake manifold and a throttle body. Still has to be one designed for the B18C4 engine though, skunk2 or blox as said above are your best bet!

All in all, you are looking at close to a grand, for maybe 20hp!

Intgra S80 box you are talking £300-£600, Y21 box from a EG Vti £100-£300 or S4C box from a EK VTi £100-£300. Plus fitting that of course.

Gearbox is far and away the best mod for the money, as it reduces the ratios and final drive, giving the equivalent of 23% more torque to the wheels. Engine power will remain the same, but acceleration will invrease HUGELY! Approximate numbers are 1 second off the 0-60 time of standard car.

Archived