rear offside brake stuck on

nathan123487

i dont kn ow if its binding or what but theres resistance when u turn the wheel ansd i can hear its on when im driving

had the same problem on the front a few monthes ago and cured this by changing pistons and slider pins and the rubbers..... is the procedure the same for the back calipers?

and whats with them winding in and out as opposide to the design that the front ones has?

Rear calipers are shocking for seizing mate.

The winding in and out thing is for the handbrake, which is why the front does not have it.

Take off the caliper, and try to turn the piston clockwise, it should be VERY easy, if it won't budge, you need a refurb or a new set!

Rich sells them in the for sale seciton if you need them!

Don't ever use the handbrake if you can help it, the rear calipers all end up seizing.

Just leave it in gear when you park and use the handbrake for hill starts.

I got a refurb set from Ray (Strictlyboosted) when mine went, the car felt fine before I had them changed but a brand new rear pad wore down to nothing in 6 weeks, lol

lol, I changed mine as soon as I noticed. Handbrake cable could be tip of the berg mate, caliper might not be winding back out..... That just means brake pads will die quick, and cost you more in fuel :S If it seizes totally, new calipers needed really! I paid £60 delivered from a scrppy, but Rich does the reconned ones ;)

If you start to smell brakes when you stop the car.... Get it looked at sooner :D

Archived