Steering column plastic covers - how to split ?

15vtec-e

Hello,

Just been trying to split the upper and lower covers without damaging them. Is there a trick or top tip someone can tell me ? Or does anyone have a photo of the clips locking the 2 halves ?

On my newer 1.4 Imagine, they came apart easy peasy, but these seem to be locked together, and I'm hoping to not mark them, or break the internal clips (I'm pretty sure I broke one trying to use force :( ).

Thanks

Pete

Definitely 3 screws on the lower cover (which have been removed) leaving the 2 halves really locked together solidly.

Don't really want to use excessive force and end up breaking the clips without trying to get more info first (or photos if possible !!! ).

As I said above the 2 halves come apart really easily on my newer Civic, but not on this one !

Pete

Worked my way round the problem by removing enough of the fascia to see inside the column covers from the front. I decided that was less risky than messing with the airbag / steering wheel. The left hand side clips are locked solid - and the only way is to break them ! This is a shame, as I hoped to avoid any damage or marks. The right hand side seperated OK.

Anyway with the panels out of the way, have sorted out the wiring issue.

Thanks

Pete

Archived