Suspension Help

superflystalker

Hi Guys,

After going back to standard shocks, from my d2s, I've noticed my dampers are pretty sloopy and so am looking to replace them but need some info before I do. Basically I'm trying to find out if my Tein springs, which are ek9 ones, will fit in the MGZS shocks and what affect they will have on ride height etc?

As far as I can gather, the MGZS V6 180 (01-04) shocks are the ones to go for as they are stiffer and make the mb6 sit 20-25mm (with the MGZS springs) lower than standard. But what is the difference in uncompressed length (top mounting point to bottom mounting point) between the MGZS V6 shocks and the standard mb6 shocks? Also, are the spring retainer mounts the same distance apart?

My car is sitting pretty much exactly how I want it to at the front which must be about -30/35mm (w Tein springs that lower ek9 25mm). The rear, however, is sitting lower than I like due to the ek9 springs and would like it to sit higher if possible. Basically, if I do change the shocks and if the springs do fit, I want to make sure it sits no lower at the back.

Any information would be highly appreciated or links to anywhere which gives spec on OEM parts like that.

Cheers,

Andy

Archived