Del Sol SiR engine into MA9 engine swap (B16A).

Drew555

Lol, externally it'll stay the same but with a big hit with the lowering stick.

It's filthy because there is a track I need to use occasionally that fills with muddy water - and it gets everywhere. One day I might clean it... but it's not like I have the bonnet open often anyway :)

As far as niggles go - there's only the engine light that comes on (still haven't connected the knock sensor or the o2 sensor yet -the weather and moving house hasn't really helped matters there) but it doesn't seem to effect the car in any way.

It goes like a (very noisy) rocket and has suprised more than one 'hot hatch' in town ;)

tell ya what, I'll give the bay a clean up and post back - OMG, the transformation into Honda-phile is starting... it'll be tucked and shaved in no time :P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a tin of silver VHT and give the rocker a nice spray make it feel wanted cool stickers im a massive massive ghistbusters geek grew up on it man i actually wanted to be one growing up Ha how sad was i still got all my toys , well my kids play with them now. roll on ghostbusters 3!

• 3 months later...

I think my water pump is knackered - I've got coolant flowing quite freely from the 'belts' side of the engine, under the cambelt cover.

This gonna be a pig of a job?

I also have noticed something that seems weird with the cambelt - I'll post pics when I've finished my sausage sandwich.

A couple of things...

For a start - does that cambelt look loose to you?

Then check out the timing marks... these ones are pointing up (like the book says):

72844_473884712628775_100000217509887_104893609_741931816_n.jpg

But are these not supposed to line up better than that?

72844_473884715962108_100000217509887_104893610_1098647512_n.jpg

Starting to think this has slipped a tooth or stretched the belt somewhere along the line - but then again I may have missed summat simple. Opinions?

Looks like it'll be a cambelt AND a water pump then...

Archived