Tramlining causes?

King

Right, just noticed that the MB has started suffering badly from tramlining. Any change in the road surface causes the car to change directions! After a quick inspection the nearside lower ball joint has some play in it, so was wondering whether this could be causing it? Tyres are fine with good tread/ correctly inflated.

is it worth changing all four of them at once (front upper and lower ones both sides)?

Are OEM parts recomended or are the blueprint ones upto the job?

Will the tracking need doing afterwards?

Thanks

blueprint are good if the others are fine would leave them tbh if not better wheels with tracking issue get a free lazer test somewere!17s if you got them on, all track a bit i am thinking.well mine does.got nankangs on pretty basic tyres tbh,17/40/205 get free print out and go from there:0)

ps have also read swap tyres f-back may help ;)

blueprint are good if the others are fine would leave them tbh if not better wheels with tracking issue get a free lazer test somewere!17s if you got them on, all track a bit i am thinking.well mine does.got nankangs on pretty basic tyres tbh,17/40/205 get free print out and go from there:0)

Ok ill inspect them all to see which need doing and go from there. Regarding the tracking i was just thinking once i fit the new ball joints whether the tracking would be reset and need redoing? As ive already had this cars tracking done twice!

I'd get teh tracking checked personally after mate.

If the tracking was done while the buch had a little play in it, then it could alter the tracking marginally.

Noodels is more than likely right though, not really necaserry, just I'm a little pedantic when it comes to tracking. :D

Archived