tacho shift light

DAVEMB2

ok dose anyone know back of the insturment panel the plugs that go in ,i have wired into the blue wire for the tacho to put shift light is this wire sending the rev pluse ,as i have folow insturction (to program shift seq) but comes on with power ready to light at given revs but never does :roll::roll::roll::roll:

ok dose anyone know back of the insturment panel the plugs that go in ,i have wired into the blue wire for the tacho to put shift light is this wire sending the rev pluse ,as i have folow insturction (to program shift seq) but comes on with power ready to light at given revs but never does :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Blue wire definitely the one you're after. This carries the signal from the ignition control unit to the tacho in the instrument panel. I'm currently working on a circuit to operate a relay at any chosen revs (actually for nitrous, but anything possible); as I've had to buy five LM2917 chips (min order) I should be able to put a few more together if I get it sorted. No promises on timescale though! I'll hopefully get to test the signal from the blue wire this week. I know there are different signals going to tachos on different cars, perhaps there's a compatibility issue with the unit you're using??

yer poss so do you no the colour wires for the rev ,speed , ing/power to the ecu yes i know my ecu is a diff code but i am thinking they got to be pritty much the same on the rev and speed signal (its so i can wire in my apexi rev speed meter

The one TO the ecu from the ignition control box is yellow/green on D & B series. I agree, I expect signals should be the same despite the different ecu units. The speed sensor feed is a blue/white wire from the sensor to the ecu & orange going into the instrument cluster. Ignition power is black/yellow & ground can just be any part of the chassis. I'll be getting the scope out to see what signal I'm dealing with from either wires on Tuesday; I'll report back then, but you shouldn't need to know that to wire in your unit.

Yellow/green!!! I've looked into the wiring diagrams that are given by apexi & they suggest tapping into the wires to the ecu, but to be honest, you'll find it easier (shorter wires at least considering where you'll place the unit) to tap signals off the instrument cluster. Everything you need for your apexi is available off one of the cluster connectors.

Archived